woensdag 3 juni 2009

ORKS [40K]: Some more Snikrot

I didn't get as much work done as I wished on Snikrot these last few days. I went to Pinkpop, a very big music festival near the town I live. However, I succeeded in finishing the backpack and building a lightbox to improve the quality of my pictures.




















I wanted to use a lot of colors on the backpack as I wanted it to look heavily used and worn. I the end I decided the kit and stitches would be done in browns, while the pricipal pack would become black. I started with Bolgun Metal over a black basecoat. All the pieces that would become brown were painted Scorched Brown at this stage. The rope was painted with Camo Green. The entire backpack was then given a wash of Devlan Mud. The big straps holding the backpack in place were then lightly highlighted using Vermin Brown followed by Rotting Flesh. The belts were finished off with 2 coats of Devlan Mud. The stitches were drybrushed with Bestial Brown followed by Bubonic Brown. A final highlight of Bleached Bone was then applied, followed by a wash of Devlan Mud.















The scabbard strapped to the backpack's side was painted Charadon Granite. The metal parts were painted Boltgun Metal, while the straps were painted Scorched Brown and then painted in the same way as the big straps on top. The little glyph in the center was painted with Scab Red followed by a Blood Red highlight. Some weathering was created using Chaos Black, Boltgun Metal and some Devlan Mud wash. The blades handle was painted Tin Bitz and also washed with Devlan Mud. The rope was painted by drybrushing Bubonic Brown over Camo Green. Next a layer each of Rotting Flesh and Bleached Bone was applied. This was then washed with Devlan Mud and Gryphonne Sepia.




















Finally the grenades were painted with a baselayer of Dark Angels Green. This was then drybrushed with Catachan Green. Over this coat I painted a jungle camo scheme using Bestial Brown and Chaos Black. The 'nades were then washed with Devlan Mud. Next the camo areas were lightly highlighted with Bleached Bone and then given a final wash of Gryphonne Sepia. I think the camoschemes worked out really well so far and I think I'll try to use it to tie my Ork army together. I guess I'll be playing Blood Axes then.















After the backpack I started on Snikrot's blades. I decided I would do some orky dag- and checkpatterns. The right blade features checks, while the left (sorry for the pic, it's not to clear) has been 'dagged'. The dags and checks were painted by applying a layer of Chaos Black over the spine of the blades. Next, the pattern was painted on with Codex Grey. This was then highlighted with Rotting Flesh, Bleached Bone and Skull White. As a finish, both a layer of Devlan Mud and Gryphonne Sepia were applied.














I painted Snikrot's visor Chaos Black as I wanted to incorporate a bit of a 'Black Ops'-feel into the model. I envisioned his visor kitted out with a myriad of lenses, incorporating night-vision, heat signatures and that kinda stuff. To visualize this on the model I used several bright colors to paint the lenses in his mask. It does need some weathering still, though.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten