zondag 17 mei 2009

ORKS [40K]: Da start..

I have long wanted to start an Ork army. For me, they epitomise the 41st millenium. They're brutal, warlike and they have some great models to boot.
Back when I started Warhammer 40K (way back in second edition), they had horrible models. However, over the years the models have improved to an amazing standard, and when Assault on Black Reach first hit the shelves I was very impressed by the awesome plastic Warboss.
However, I was working on my FW traitor guard army at the time, so the Orks got a nice cozy place on my 'Armys-to-do-list'. I just got Snikrot because he's a truly awe-inspiring model.

Last month however, a friend a mine asked me to pool resources and get a Black Reach box (as he wanted to have the marines), so I jumped at the opportunity and got the Orks.
I loved the models. The Warboss is truly amazing and so are the Nobz.
There's just 1 problem: I absolutly HATE the boyz.
I always envisioned Orks as brutal beasts of straining muscles and sharp fangs.
The Black Reach Boyz are a couple of panzies compared to the Nobz you get, so I decided to use the Nobs as Boys. However, if I was gonna use Nobs as Boys then what should I use as Nobs ??
Thank god AoBR has given us a plastic Warboss.

I started working on my Army last week by painting my first unit of Boyz and converting a Warboss (I won't be using him in any games tho, as I'm gonna use a bike-mounted Warboss and Nobbikers for competative play).

Some work in progress pics (it's all about the pics, right ??)

Da Warboss



























































Da Boyz




















































Snikrot











Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten