donderdag 28 mei 2009

ORKS [40K]: Snikrot, Kommando Boss

Last week I got some more work done on Snikrot. I was exited about painting him, as I think it's about the best model released by Games Workshop. I painted the backpack seperatly.
The skin was done with a layer of Catachan Green over a black basecoat. Next a wash of Devlan Mud was applied. This was then drybrushed Camo Green and highlighed with Rotting Flesh and Bleached Bone. Two washes of Gryphonne Sepia were used as a finish.






















I wanted Snikrot to look like a really hardened soldier with a strong military air about him. To this end I decided to do a camouflage pattern on his pants. I chose not to go with junglepattern camo as I think it does not contrast enough with the green skin. Instead, I opted for a urban pattern. The first layer was Regal Blue over a black undercoat followed by a drybrush of Enchanted Blue. This was then washed with Devlan Mud. Next up, stripes of Bleached Bone were painted in random patterns on his pants. The same was done in Chaos Black. This was then highlighted with a thin drybrushing of Codex Grey. The stitches where painted with Rotting Flesh. A wash of Sepia Gryphonne was used as a finish.





















After finishing the pants I started work on the skullthropys Snikrot carries. I started of with a layer of Scorched Brown over black undercoat. This was then drybrushed with a layer of Bestial Brown and Bubonic Brown. After this a wash of Devlan Mud was applied. Next a highlight of Bubonic Brown mixed with Bleached Bone was painted on. I kept adding Bleched Bone to the mix until there was nearly no brown left in it. Then I again washed the skulls with Devlan Mud. Next will be a light highlight of Bleached Bone and a little Skull White.

















And a sneak peak at the WIP backpack...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten